Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Wednesday, 24 August 2011
Ernie the tramps trolley arrived today its great at least he has somewhere to keep all his belongings safe now and a nice warm quilt for nights spent on the village bench! its very slightly on the large side the handle sits a bit high which is a shame cos its so cute just have to sit Ernie a bit away from it then it doesn't show so much!
Also been playing around with the fireplace liked it so much I took it all apart!! decided to glue it a bit better and make it a bit sturdier also glued some of the loose logs at the back in place. Added a couple of hooks for the kettle(needs painting black!) and the all important cauldron. Found that shredded baby wipe makes good cobwebs! made some shelves and a couple of jars of witchy ingredients needs some stuff on the shelves but need to get them to stay up 1st the blue tack or tacky wax dont really like the drift wood so they may need glued but will wait to get a sink 1st so I know where they are def going!
Saturday, 20 August 2011
So for todays goodies! I love the silk chaise was so chuffed to win that it fits perfectly in the bridal shop.
Also got some bits and bobs for the holiday let. Moved the round rug upstairs, I made the sink unit last week from a bowl and tap from the DH shop grand total £1.35 and really pleased how it turned out, also got a new light. Downstairs used one of the samples from my free blind sample book and got some red pans jars and tablewhere just need a nice shelf unit or something to display all the plates etc on! :D
Friday, 19 August 2011
Monday, 15 August 2011
Sunday, 14 August 2011
Luigi is on the phone to his suppliers as they delivered the wrong bread and he is not happy! Its been a busy morning so Maria is having a quick cup of tea while its quiet! Ernie the tramp is mooching through the bin and very pleased to have come across a whole loaf that Luigi threw out!
Saturday, 13 August 2011
Anyway waffling again heres the pics of the homewares shop I know you are probably sick of seeing this stock as its now in its 3rd property! hopefully it will be staying this time
Friday, 12 August 2011
I have done the upstairs bridal boutique with what I have for it at the mo! it still needs more dresses etc but for now its not looking too bad. The downstairs will be most of the stuff from the existing gift shop it will now be a homewares/china store so watch this space pictures later maybe!
Wasn't sure about the bridal shop at all but now its all in I quite like it, didn't have a rail for the dresses and they seem so expensive for what they are so had a bash at making one with a couple of coathangers and bamboo skewers its not the sturdiest ever rail lol but it does the job nicely it also needs a name so I can make a sign not had the inspiration for that yet!