Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Friday, 13 December 2013
The vintage kitchen market stall, The WI Xmas party and a new car!
They haven't seen the village since May and so much has changed....it changes even from week to week, so after 7 months you can imagine how many new things there are to see! I have been doing all those odd little jobs, an odd bulb here and there, missing signs etc to make sure the village is at its absolute best!
I finally managed to get the WI Christmas party all finished. It too me ages to get them all in the right pose lol!
They have a wonderful spread thanks the lovely Celia from Facebook.
Not everyone has the energy for the dancing, some prefer to just listen to the entertainment.
Vera and Walter are this years guest act!
Notice the picture on the wall?? Bethany did that for me 2 years ago and it was all my dolls at the time! Now there over 100 so I don't think there's much chance of and updated one lol
Florence got stuck with making the tea although there is also sherry for the naughtier ones!
I knew I wasn't going to have time to finish the Post Office, so the builders are in to repaint over Christmas!
I had one tiny little space left on the shelf which wasn't really big enough for a proper shop. I spotted this gorgeous little market stall on Ebay and had to have it! I remember seeing it in an issue of The Dolls House magazine (No 182) and loving it at the time. I vowed to recreate it one day and I can't believe I now own the original!
It came with all the accessories and all I have done is added the light and Maddie!
She has sold the B & B to Basil and Sybil and bought the stall instead. Its much more her kind of thing and she's loving it! So is Beans she likes to be outside in the fresh air!
I love the little tea cosies and oven gloves!
There are little bundles of tea towels and many other things!
The recipe box even has little cards inside.
I adore this little felt bag made to look like a house!
Its now in place with the rest of market. Its so pretty I just love it!
A friend on Facebook posted a pic of this 1/12th scale car she had bought. It looked so good outside her dolls house shop I just couldn't resist getting one for the village! I imagined it with a couple of dolls sitting inside and a picnic basket on the back!
An email to Detta and she knew exactly what was needed. Aren't they just fab I can't wait for them and the car to arrive!
I have a whole lot of new ideas for the outside of the village. My good friend Irene shared a link of an amazing dolls house village and it really had some wonderful details like roads etc. Its inspired me to think about the outside as well as the inside and especially now there's no more room for more houses it still gives me lots to think about and plan. Next on the list is a traffic warden and a lollipop lady!!!
Here's the link to the other village its def worth a look!!