Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Monday, 24 March 2014
I did a small DHE order a few weeks ago as some of their items are very cheap at the moment. I got this lovely metal cot reduced from over £15 for under £5!
I got Becky a nice shelf unit for her little tea room which was reduced to about £3.50
Its such a small room but works lovely as a little place for a cake and tea!
The little pink cottage was £1.25!
I also invested in a couple of new residents as the village felt a bit neglected! I have tried a police station but it didn't really work so I gave up but when I saw this doll Detta had for sale I decided to have another go! Lots to do in here!
Wendy is the other new arrival! As you know I moved the flower shop out of the corner shop to turn it into a funky icecream parlour. Of course it needed someone to run it and she's just the part!
Still some work to do but I have laid new aluminium style flooring and papered the walls. I have new seating and jukebox that plays music and lights up.
Its def got the feel I was after and works really well in here!
I had to have another switch around to make space for the police station as this was my only empty shop and it def wasn't right for it!
I moved the sweet shop in here and the music shop (blue with bays) back in the pink one (former sweet shop) and then the post office (blue flat fronted) back into the blue one with the bays and that left the flat fronted blue one free for the police station....got that??? lol
My Daughter had a good clear out in her bedroom on Saturday as now shes 20 she's apparently a 'grown up' and decided she wanted rid of all the STUFF in her room! She had this little cabinet full of odds and ends and she didn't want it so I stole thinking it would make a lovely place to store all my little vintage dolls that don't have a home! I have put a few odd bits of furniture inside and will decorate it to make it pretty! It fits perfectly on top of the bookcase where a house would be too big!