Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Thursday, 26 January 2012
First attempt at shabby chic!
I had a little bench I bought when I got my first cottage as I thought it had a shabby chic look to it but the colour never really fitted in anywhere so its been relegated to my spare bits draw. I seem to have gained a bit of confidence with making a few bits here and there so I thought I would have a go at giving it a revamp. I had some nice Fired Earth duck egg blue paint and the plan was to make it into a little bench to sit outside Seashell cottage.
I took the seat part off and recovered it with some nice patchwork fabric I had. I then gave it a coat of paint which when it was dry I gave it a light rub down. Its actually worked really well as the original gold colour has come through giving it a nice effect. I then made a few cushions just to finish it off and I have to say for a first attempt I am really pleased at how its turned out!
Its pictured here sitting on the new outside seating area for the icecream parlour. I repainted the fence in the nice blue paint and took off the grass 'carpet' and laid some wood effect vinyl tile. I marked this out in 1cm sections and drew them on with a black biro. I then rubbed at the lines with a babywipe to take off as much pen as possible so they lines were a bit more subtle. Its given the decked look I was after quite effectively. I have a couple of white wire tables and so I have just ordered some matching chairs and will see what other ideas I can come up with for decoration!
I thought I would also show you a couple of great Ebay finds I have just received. I have been after some chairs for the beach hut for ages and found these yesterday for £3 for the 2 and they look just perfect. Also I got this little brass mug stand with a bell on the top which I thought looked very nautical. It looks great in Lavender cottage just right for when Bob wants a night cap after a hard days fishing!!