Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Saturday, 28 January 2012
Seashell Cottage and the new Florists
Anyway they were all unpacked and they have both made it in perfect condition which is just brilliant as I know what a nightmare it is to try and pack them! I have spent all afternoon upstairs playing with them today as I have promised tomorrow will be a dolly free zone! Seashell cottage is just the most adorable house Julie has such a wonderful knack of taking ideas and making them into reality they really are little dreams come true! It fits perfectly in the space and everything about it is just wonderful. I have just transferred the furniture from Seaview for now as I will be reusing most of it, it just needs to be distressed and made shabby to fit the style. But it looks pretty as it is for now. The bathroom is a little emtpy just borrowed the sink and toilet from Seaviews outhouse for now. Having real trouble finding a nice bathroom they are either cheap and cheerful or expensive Reutter I can't find anything in between so will hold out til I find the right one!
The flower yet which is yet to be named is just fab! I have as much fun with that as I have the new cottage. The bay window works just brilliant as it has lights in and a Valentines window display. I can change this for each occasion which will be great fun. The balcony is a fab addition and adds just a bit more detail. It looks so great sitting in the corner it was just such a brilliant thing to get done and I am so glad I asked Julie about my daft idea for just a front of a house lol again she took my idea and ran with it. Its def not a pub as the flower shop suits it just right!
Hope you like the new village shots they do look so good altogether and have even decided not to sell Crabpot! I was so busy thinking it had to be part of the village I had overlooked it for another idea I had! I was thinking of getting the retreat from DHE to turn into a Christmas shop with Santas grotto upstairs when it suddenly dawned on me that Crabpot was a 2 story building just sitting there waiting for a purpose. I will change the blue paint not sure what to just yet but it will make a lovely Christmas shop! So glad I don't have to part with thank goodness it didn't sell on Ebay I would have been kicking myself!!!