Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Sunday, 16 September 2012
Lifeboat Cottage and dolls house shop goodies!
Before I left on Friday I just managed to get some pictures of my new cottage!!! This is the newest addition to the village, Lifeboat Cottage. I love it!! I really wanted something a little different to my other houses and it certainly is!! Julie had the great idea for an old converted lifeboat station. It will sit on the harbour and will look just perfect!I am not quite sure what it will be yet I am still at the thinking stage!
These are Julies photos taken in the her lovely garden. I love this cottage isn't it just fabulous!
Whilst up at the caravan we went up to Inverness for a shopping day! I had made some money on Ebay so had Bethany and while I spent mine in the Dolls house shop she updated her wardrobe in Primark!! I know its cheap but it always amazes me just how much she gets for her money in there!!
I got lots of goodies too! Lots of bigger items this time which is nice as you feel like you have lots for your money! I tried not to go too mad as we will be up at the van for a week in the October half term holidays and I will get one more trip before we close the van down for the winter. sadly its too far to go from home so the next trip I will be prob panic buying to make sure I have everything I need for the winter months!
I got lots of white wire for the flower shop and some flowers for outside some of the little shops ......
I also spotted this wire cart which is lovely!! I just fell in love with it and thought I might make it into an icecream cart!
I got some nice wooden bits too. I love the haberdashery unit which will go in the wool shop and the DHE chesterfield sofa was in the sale box for £5! A useful shelf unit and a table. The cart I may make into a fish cart but will wait til Lifeboat arrives to see what room I have and may make a market stall if theres enough space!
Lastly a few small bits and bobs. the little romper suit was so cute and wil go in the wool shop. I also got some clear fairy lights for £3 which will go on the beach scene (oops haven't told you about that yet!!) A luggage trunk some tankards for the pub, some glue that was on offer for £2, a candle light for the witches shop and a few other things.
Back to the beach scene!!! Bethany spotted it on Ebay earlier in the week and I knew it just had to be part of Quayside, it looked like it already was!! I emailed the seller who very kindly agreed to post it to me so a big thanks to Derek for that as I know what a pain these things are to pack! I hope he doesn't mind me borrowing his photo but here it is all packed up ready for its journey up North!!