Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Monday, 24 September 2012
Lifeboat cottage, beaches and gorgeous knitting!
Anyway back to Lifeboat! I managed to get it all unpacked and into place before we left and its just wonderful! For some reason in my mind it was smaller, even though I knew the measurements lol so I was really pleased to see how big it was! I had been thinking of ideas for it but was leaning towards it being a holiday let as in the photos I felt it looked like a home, but after a conversation with my friend Carol who suggested a village hall it started me thinking! I had thought about a village hall but not really considered Lifeboat for it but because of the size and its right next to the church it might just work. The more I thought about it the more I liked the idea so Carol got her way lol!! Now its here and I see how much room it has its made me totally sure it was the right way to go and now I can't wait to get started on it!! Downstairs will be the hall with all sorts of things going on! I do love the idea of things that can be changed so it can lend itself to a jumble sale or a party or even a wedding so it will be great fun having lots of events to plan!! Upstairs will be a kitchen / preparation area where the ladies of the Quayside WI will meet! There will be an official opening very soon, the villagers are just waiting on Quayside's new Mayor Malcolm and his wife Margery to arrive to cut the ribbon!
I have yet another odd chest of drawers a cheap Gumtree find! Old fashioned ones are so much better than modern ones as they have such nice big drawers and metal runners which are so much stronger! I really need to get my curtains done to hide them all lol!
Also arriving last week was the seaside beach scene. Thats also lovely and I can have lots of fun filling up the beach huts and adding things to the setting. Its on the window sill and looks great when the sun is shining which sadly it wasn't today when I took the photo! I haven't done much to it yet as luckily it all arrived in one piece courtesy of some well done packing! I have just added Melody saying hello to the donkeys! I feel this will be a summer project lol!
I also have to show you all some gorgeous little knitted things made my my good friend Deb. She really is so talented at knitting and has made me lots of wonderful stock for my knitting shop. They are all lovely even the knitting in progress for the lady I have to make!
I just adore the bunny jumper and little boat jumper they will have pride of place in the window display. And I know the doll took her ages and was super fiddly but shes just lovely and worth all the effort. She reminds me of Dorothy so fits very well into my village as I just love Wizard of Oz things! If you love these things as much as me pop by and take a look at her Ebay shop where she has some for sale. They are so cheap for the hours of work that I know goes into them!
I also have to alos thank Carol for sending me this cute little blanket for my shop. Its such pretty colours! I so wish I had persevered at knitting when my Nan tried to teach me lol I am so jealous of anyone that has the skill its such a talent to have! I'm so lucky I have such nice generous friends!! :-)