Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Thursday, 29 March 2012
The CrabPot Cafe!
Bethany of course made the signs and it was her idea to swap the name over with the green shop so we could call in the Crabpot Cafe! She made all the signs you see inside including the menu board. It even has a belly buster breakfast just for my Dad!! :-)
I made the little blind on the door just to add a splash of colour.
I needed a little unit to put the coffee machine on and it was easier to make something the exact size than to try and find it! I added a couple of shelves underneath just for extra display items.
I spent all afternoon making little cushions and bunting, I prob overdid the bunting but I just love it, it adds so much colour!
I had a lovely bead curtain I bought on Ebay last week and had put in on the door, but it was difficult to open and close it. I had an idea to make a false door at the back to imply it lead to the kitchen and with the curtain there you can see it much better. It was ever so slightly too wide and I didn't want to cut it so just added a bead to the piece of ply and hooked it over which solved the problem.
I made the shelf and the cutlery box was made from a milk crate!
I love how its turned out it looks like a proper little seaside cafe! The lease wasn't available for long property moves fast in Quayside! I had to do just one pic without the flash it always has a real look about it I think!
I hope you like it! It will be my last time in Quayside for a little while as we are opening the caravan up next week so will be spending some time up there as the Easter holidays start tomorrow and that means a houseful for 2 weeks! Hope you all have a lovely Easter whatever your up to!! Paula xx