Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Tuesday, 20 March 2012
A driftwood fireplace and a counter for the shabby chic shop!
I made the basic shape and then thought I would have a go at doing a tiled effect with some white air drying Fimo I got free last week. I tried to make it not look too neat as I wanted it to feel rustic and rather than too perfect! I have to wait til tomorrow for it to dry (which kills me! I have the patience of a flea!!) and then I will paint the whole thing, apart from the plinth, white.
I even made a little dish for some pot pourri from the scraps of clay that were left which I nearly threw in the bin! I have made a nice little selection of candles and sorted out some shells to decorate but for now I just need to leave it alone til tomorrow lol!!
I also decorated a little wire desk and chair I got from Ebay the other day. It was very cheap and just what I wanted! Its going to be a desk/counter for the shabby chic shop as I didn't want a wooden counter as you will only see the back of it which wouldn't be very exciting. I figured if I used the desk it would look just as pretty from both sides. I made most of the little accessories including the little cash tin as I didn't want a big till! I have so much stuff for this little shop I hope it all fits!!!
The chandelier arrived that I won on Ebay at the weekend and its really beautiful I'm so pleased with it! Can't wait to see it all lit up. I took another photo so you can see it more clearly. Thats the view I have from Dollyland, as you can see theres not much going on where I live lol!
Off subject now but I just couldn't resist showing you a cute pic of my doggies! Maya the Lhasa has her own beanbag in Dollyland as she is always in there with me, but today Sandy the cocker spaniel decided she was coming in too. Put out at losing her spot Maya simply climbed on the top and they both lay there enjoying the sun coming through the window! It just made me laugh so much I had to take a photo!!