Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Sunday, 10 June 2012
Lots of lovely things and who knew finding wood would be so exciting!
I got lots of lovely bits of whitewood furniture as its so much cheaper and with an extra 10% they worked out a really good price so I bought loads lol! I love giving them the shabby chic treatment and cant wait to get started on them! The dresser and sideboard will be for the B and B dining room and the hall stand will go in the reception area, bit gutted it has a huge crack across the back but it was the only one so a bit of filler and a coat of paint will sort it out. It was only £4 so it will be fun making it look nice! I bought some lovely pale green and yellow paints in B & Q so that will be the colour scheme in the dining room.
I saw the bedroom set last week and fell in love with it but I had no room so didnt get it but with 2 more bedrooms to furnish I had a good excuse to get it this time! Its really nice and the perfect style for a seaside B & B I thought! I wasn't 100% sure about the bathroom but again I saw the shower last week and really liked. It was still there and and at just over £6 it was a bit of a steal. The modern sink was only £2 so I decided to give my visitors a lovely modern bathroom. The 2 white tables are for the dining room. I was going to go with round ones but liked the freshness of the white, plus they were the only thing she had 2 of lol!
I bought a nice little selection of food for 60p each and the basket of fruit (Reutter I think?) was my wow item! The one thing thats quite expensive but I love and always add on the end cos I know I will regret it!! All I need now is a house so fingers crossed it will be here in the next day or 2!!
On the way home today I popped into B & Q for a tester pot in a nice pale green and remembered to have a look to see what wood they had! Well I was in for a shock they had a huge selection of pine perfect for DH projects and all the pieces I bought were between 38p and 98p! I also got another bit I thought would make great skirting boards. Its about 7ft long so will do lots of rooms and was £2.78!! never knew I could get so excited about a bits of wood ha ha ha!! Also ripped of a bit of border from the testers bit as I thought it might look nice in the B & B modern bathroom somehwere!