Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Wednesday, 13 June 2012
The Porthole B & B is open for business!
Bethany made my lovely signage for me and of course its 4 star!!
The hallway will be the reception area with a nice desk and the hall stand needs to be painted and dressed.
The dining room is laid up for breakfast and the dresser fitted after a little sanding of the feet as it was a tad too tall!! Think I may distress the tables but totally sure and not sure about the chairs so durys out on those at the mo!
The 1st floor bedroom is a lovely fresh seaside B & B double room. Its all a bit basic at the moment and needs lots of little things added. Some nice driftwood pictures and lamps and finishing touches will bring it to life.
The ensuite bathroom to the ground floor bedroom is again very bare and needs an all important lav but it all fits well into the space. It will be a good size luxurious ensuite fit for its 4 stars!
The attic is the honeymoon suite which was my friend Carol's suggestion and it works well in the space. I need to make a room divider the one I bought was too tall so may add a wall instead. The bed is one I got with another house and was broken so I took the headboard off to make it a low one and will add a new headboard and paint it white and shabby it up. The same goes for the tea tray and it needs a little chest of drawers too. Just borrowed the dress from the bridal shop but will be on the the lookout for something a bit more dramatic. Will also add more to the bridal theme to pretty it all up!
Its a gorgeous house and fits the space like it was meant to be there. I love the brick effect outside it makes it a little different to all my other house and have to say its I think its one of my favourites I just love the amount of rooms it has there so many different things I can do with it. Who knows what it will become in the future lol!!!