Bethany did my signs after much protest, it really is like trying to get blood out of a stone lol! It came with the pretty blinds so I left those and went wth the pink for the rest of the colour scheme. I added a little bucket and painted it pink and already had the flowers. And No Irene I really don't have the hugest stash, I don't think so anyway lol but I do always seem to have just the right things I need and anything else theres always the internet!! Maggie from the DH shop in Inverness def came to my rescue today as I knew she sold the counters I wanted for the shop so I phoned her and shes posting them to me tomorrow. I won't be up there for another 8 weeks and I couldn't wait that long!!!!
I thought I would show you some in progress photos as you can see everything better before I add the cake counters. Its very pink as you prob know from the shabby chic shop I do like a spot of pinkness!!!
The pictures were just printed from Google images and include a couple of posters and a flavours menu. Not sure if the white wire stand will stay but I will have something there with books and other things to buy.
I already had this unit which was barewood and it was just the right size and will match the counters I want. I painted it pink and distressed it a little and filled it with lovely cakes!
I wanted to have an area for the cake making process but the depth of the shop really didnt allow for anything too big at the back once the counters are in place, so I opted for small shelves made from cheap B & Q stripwood. The pink gingham light was from a lady on Facebook and is just perfect!!
I filled a row of sprinkles jars with tiny beads and fimo cane slices and made an area for decorating the cakes. The bowl of frosting was just one drop of red colouring with a blob of pollyfilla and some glue mixed in and it came out really well! As there is no room for an oven I added a false door with the door curtain which is the perfect colour and that leads of to the kicthen where the actual baking is done. I also made the bunting and just happened to have some cupcake fabric so had to use some of that!
I wanted to add some detail to the other side wall and went for a little breakfast bar so customers can stop and have a drink with their chosen cake! Again just bits of stripwood, bunting and a couple of accesories. I cut a couple of flowers from the door and popped them into a pretty jug, a menu card and a pink radio finishes it all off
This shop has the most amazing window and I had a lovely big wedding cake and some boxed cupcakes which made a nice display.
Still lots more to add but I hope you like it so far :-)
At Christmas I moved all the stock from the little witches shop into its new larger premises so this one has been sitting empty for a while! I was going to make it a book shop but never quite got the inspiration for it. So I decided to move all the stuff from the blue shop into it and turn it into an antiques/junk shop as they are often found in old church buildings that have seen better days so it suited the kind of grubby interior. It couldnt have a posh name though so now its Anything and everything! Its great to have somewhere to put all those odds and ends that have no where to go!!
And last up is the new butchers! Franks still in the process off setting up shop but hes had the signwriters in to stop the villagers gossiping about what its going to be. Although I do believe there were some raised eyebrows from the WI ladies but the hippies from Babs think its a great name :-)
I did do one other little project on Sunday morning. It wasnt planned it just sort of happened lol I had a doll that Scarlett gave me but her apron was a little grubby and I didn't really need another maid so I was wondering what to do with her. Before I knew it I'd pulled the thing of her head and taken off the apron, so much for thinking things through first!!
Her dress was much to long for her legs so I shortenend it at the waist which then hid the glue left behind from the apron. I added a little apron spare from one of my other dolls, then attached some keys with a bit of ribbon. I hid the glue on her head with some navy ribbon and a bit of lace and now shes a housekeeper. I'm really pleased, I think she looks much better :-)
Here she is hard at work checking the house is running as it shoul be!