Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Tuesday, 19 February 2013
I have been beyond bad!!!!
It all started quite innocently last week when I saw a lovely house for sale on Julies Ebay page. I thought it would make the perfect vicars house and look fab next to my church front so I decided I had to have it! I moved all the houses around and just managed to squeeze it in.
The Old Rectory!
But oh no not happy with just that was I!! Julie pointed out that someone was selling one of her older ones on Ebay so I had to go and look didn't I!! I love her older ones as they have pretty papers etc so i emailed the seller who said she would add a buy it now price for me. I must have refreshed that page 100 times that night to make sure I didn't miss it lol! So now a dilemma it won't fit! Something has to go so sadly I decided to sell the big french style shop as it really is much bigger than all my others and stands a good 6/7 inches taller. My friend Diane is having it so I know its going to a good home.
Not sure of its name as I can't quite see it on the photo!
Ok still with me?? Thats two in and one out....but does it stop there oh no thats too easy!!
Julies good friend occasionally sells some of Julies older houses and I foolishly asked if she was selling anymore! She was a little black and white one that would make the most perfect pub so my ability to not be able to resist struck again! No idea where that was going so I would need to have a think about the layout!
The next day Julie emails to say was there any chance I could just fit one more in as she needed a new home for one she had. Well if I moved everything around I could maybe just about fit one more in!! In case you are wondering I am so totally not made of money lol but I had sold my Fairbanks and had a huge clear out on ebay so I was a little less broke than normal...'was' being the operative word there! I am more than glad it will be part of the village as Bethany said the other day she really liked it and just maybe that might be enough to get her interested!!
So thats why Dollyland is in a mess! There are 4 new houses due to arrive in the village. Last night I had to take out every house and put them in the kitchen. That didn't impress Bethany as she was doing dinner and had about 5 inches of space to do it in! They are all back in now but I need to face the light (groan) I hate reconnecting all the lights I only did it last week and it took me 2 hours then! I have plans for most of them already The thing is I absolutely didn't think I could get anymore in and yet theres 4 coming!! I really have stretched the room to its limit though and there really is NO MORE ROOM!!!!! !
I did actually have a tiny moment of I have gone too far last night. I loved the layout as it was and felt maybe I had spolied it by getting just a few too many. But I have it sorted now and its ok if a little busy lol but then thats village life!!