Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Tuesday, 3 July 2012
Churches, cushions and Ebay love it and loathe it lol!
Its only a front as it will sit in the corner of between The B & B and Lavender cottage and it will look just amazing when is in place. Made the same as the cottages so its the right height etc but with a different colour finish and it really does look like something right out of a little Cornish village. She even managed to add a little bell tower which I know was not easy lol!! But oh it was worth it the whole effect is just wonderful!"
I just love the porch and I am already imagining it full of flowers and the all important collection box!
Now all it needs is a name. After googling church names I came across St Benet's and thought it might be nice to immortalise its maker in the village what do you think???
Also today I received some little cushions and samplers from a lady called JUNE who makes the most gorgeous little crosstitch things. I have loads of her cushions dotted around all of my houses and I recently bought a couple more from her on Ebay the home sweet home and the little house.
I asked her if she could make me some seaside themed ones for the B & B. She made me 4 perfect little cushions and 2 samplers and I love them. They are just so lovely I am chuffed to bits with them. She even added a little gift the Porthole one which is so sweet so a big thank you for that June! She makes them all free hand and can make anything so please drop her an email if you would like something!
The little samplers are just perfect for the B & B!
I sometimes do wonder what I would do without Ebay as its a great way to make funds from unwanted items for funding dolls house purchases and I have found many little treasures on there over the years. I have also found some wonderful sellers like June and Wendy who makes my gorgeous wicker things and even Julie as my very first cottage I found on Ebay. But sometimes it drives me mad! Like the grubby little doll I got last week and the non payers who bid and then just don't pay!! You get all excited when you sell something and to then not receive the payment is worse than not selling it all lol! Its very frustrating but sadly life wouldn't be quite the same without it!!
On the plus side you do get some nice little bargains and unusual things quite often from China! This week I had a lovely little parcel of toys I won for £2.51 to fill up the Christmas shop.
The little teddy bears are just so sweet!
I also got another little water cooler as I loved mine it was such a good item here it is with the light on and a little phone which is really detailed and cost under £2 it will go on the desk in the B & B they were both very cheap and its nice to get things that are just that little bit different!