Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Monday, 21 January 2013
Emptying Fairbanks and making use of it all again!
I have been thinking for a while about selling my Fairbanks house as I really don't spend any time on it. Its a lovely house and I really enjoyed doing it but I just don't have the same passion for it as I do my village. I also had a a bit of a spend before Christmas with 2 new houses and other things so the money will be useful too!! Hopefully its already found a new owner my friend Scarlett who has always wanted one so I know it will be going to a good home! I emptied it out over the weekend and have to say I had lots of fun finding new homes for all the bits and pieces I had. I think I realised then that it was the inside and all the things I have found to fill it that excited me more than the actual house, and now its empty I won't be quite so sad to see it go!
I had a lovely patio set in Fairbanks garden that I had found ages ago on Ebay. There were also various plant pots and a bbq. I really wanted to keep the patio set and I decided it would go best outside the B & B. I had made a little outside area a while ago which to be honest was driving me nuts as every time I opened the cottage next to it I had to move it out of the way. Luckily it was too narrow for the patio set which meant making a new one from scratch. I had a bit of ply the right depth and reusing the fencing I made a new outside space!
I also added the outside signage just to make it look a bit more like a B & B and not just a cottage.
The patio set fits perfectly. I added the seat pads which funnily enough have been waiting to be done for 6 months and the minute its in the village it got done straight away....I rest my case lol!
I love the little no vacancies sign with the chains.
Beans is very happy with her new little house! Its a little resin kennel that Scarlett gave to me when she was over last week. I painted it to match, added a comfy cushion and some bunting. Of course she doesn't stay out at night its just for relaxing outside on sunny days!
Patio set complete with comfy cushion all it needs now is some cocktails maybe??
I had to add some bunting its a Quayside trademark!!
I also had a computer desk and filing cabinet from Fairbanks that needed a new home and I found the perfect spot! It was just what Mags needed to organise all the patients!
The surgery has now filled up nicely it just needs a few finishing touches.
Also going spare was a nice shelving unit from Fairbanks dining room. I decided this would look nice in the homewares store full of modern things to buy.
The plastic chair was also reused in here and the dolls house!
Quite pleased how it looks, just how I imagine it should it a posh home shop lol
It was sad removing all the things I had spent hours searching and shopping for in Fairbanks. But it was so nice to be able to make use of so much of it in the village where I get to see it more. I used a lot of things in the new French style house as I didn't want that to be in a shabby chic style it was a bit obvious, plus I have already done that in other properties, I wanted something different. I love how its turned out but it just needs a couple of little things I have purchased on Ebay to arrive so pics of that coming soon!!!