I have had a lovely if not quiet Christmas and New Year but its been lovely and I had some fab presents, although something is not quite right when the lady of the house is excited to get a B & Q voucher some screwdrivers and a new saw lol!!
I did however get a new house and it has kept me very busy over the past few days. Even Bethany was jealous as I had a new toy I got to play with over Christmas :-) the house did come from Julie but was one she had renovated and added the attic room. When I opened it the journey had taken its toll and it was a little battered and bruised. It never worries me too much as its never anything too serious and the only option if to not post it so I would rather take my chances!!
The front window had a broken piece which I repaired and just as I finished I broke the bit next to it so the air was a slight shade of blue for just a moment! One of the flower pots was broken so I removed them both and added new ones. I rehung the door as it was really loose so just filled the holes and made fresh ones so its much more secure now.
Now to the inside...........This is how it used to look!
Upstairs there was a boxed section implying a false staircase but it had a cardboard door which I really didn't like so I took that out intending to make it a dressing room. Once I did that I noticed the floor wasn't done inside and it was taking up a lot of room so I ended up just taking the whole lot out! It was a shame as I liked the wallpaper but I couldn't really save it so had to strip it all off! My OH looked horrified I had just opened it and within half an hour I had destroyed it lol!!
I had a spiral staircase kit I won as cheap as chips on Ebay a while ago and thought it would be an ideal opportunity to make use of it. I roped Lindsay in to making it for me and quite glad I did as it was a nightmare!! It took him 3 days and at one point I had to take it off him cos I thought he was going to kill it ha ha ha!! It was so fiddly and the most awkward thing to make and although it looks fab in place I will never ever ever do one again whatever a bargain it is!!!!
There used to be a door downstairs but I took that out and added the bead curtain so I can use the space behind. Thia will become a hat making area but its still to be done!
The gap in the floor was a little too big so rather that trying to patch it up I just added a pole for a hasty exit for the witch that needs to leave in a hurry! The 'iron' style railings just finished it off nicely!
The finished shop! I am so pleased with it!
It fits just perfectly on the window sill next to the witches house!
The signs of course are down to Bethany. We spent about an hour trying to come up with another name and then ended up sticking with this one!
I really didn't like the resin window boxes so I removed those and then scraped of the glue and repainted the windows. The one above the door had to stay as it would have wrecked the paper to remove it so I added some flower soft and reindeer moss and it looks a lot better!
I added some paper to the door although I couldn't match up the bottom so just went with the same colour. I may well redecorate downstairs to match the door as its annoying me that its different!
The staircase does look great so I am glad we/he persevered with it. I also now have a whole floor to display all of Kats wonderful hats. I have a couple more coming which I bought in the sale so the shop will soon be nice and full. Although its already pretty full I didn't realise I had quite so many!
A customer has collceted her potion and shes off using the hasty exit!
Upstairs I made into the spells and potions area run by the wizard who still has no name!
The most deadly poisons are kept in the glass cabinet safely out of reach as he wouldn't put it past some of the witches to try and sneak off with it and who knows what they would do with it!!
I have had great fun (apart from the stairs!) Messing about with it over Christmas and although I am not into building its been fun having a bit of a project and making it my own!