Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Saturday, 12 January 2013
Melissa the mermaid and Jeffrey the donkey man!
First of all here is Melissa the Mermaid. I absolutely love her! I was in two minds whether or not to order her as I was worried it was take away the real idea of the village but then I recalled something one of my lovely friends Christine said about how my village always reminded her that Dolls housing should be fun so I thought why not! Anyway I am sure there are real mermaids in deepest Cornwall anyway so maybe its not too far from the truth!
She was gorgeous as she was but I decided just to add a little more hair as I wanted her to have lots of flowing locks. I had some in a strawberry blonde colour and mixed with the blonde she already had and now it looks perfect! I added a shell clip at the back to finish is off. I am so in love with her I am so pleased I decided to get her!
Jeffrey the donkey man is great too! Its a bit quiet at the beach today so hes having a read of the paper. It really should be a Quayside times, will get Bethany on the case of that!! (The donkeys are quite small prob not as big as 1/12 so if hes standing he makes them look tiny lol!)
I did buy 3 dolls but will wait a little longer to show you the other one, Paul, as he is missing a vital accessory at the mo!
I was hoping my little shop would arrive too as it was posted 1st class recorded yesterday but sadly not so that will be something to look forward to next week! Heres another pic of it just incase you missed it on the last post!!