Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Wednesday, 9 January 2013
Just a little project!
I have been playing around with the village and moved added a larger shelf on the left hand side so I could move the beach huts up. I really wanted them to be part of the whole scene and I just couldn't fit them down the bottom or I wouldn't be able to access the houses. I decided to take them off the sandy board they came on and put them up the top and will redo the beach down the bottom. I have already made a little pier so its coming along nicely!
This meant there was a bit of space to squeeze in one more shop! I had an idea for a corner one and I would dearly love to have one made my Julie but I just don't have the money at the mo its always a bad time of year with Bethany's car insurance and caravan fees so spending on luxuries has to be put on hold! Although we did have to make one purchase this week a new camera! The old one died and I just couldn't live without it!!
I remembered seeing something on Gumtree a while ago and went back for another look. I had originally dismissed it as I had no space and it was in Nairn which was too far away. It was still for sale so I offered them £20 which they accepted! Last weekend we had to pick Bethany up from the airport as she'd been down to spend New year with her Dad. She flys from Inverness which is usually a bonus as its only 10 mins from the Dolls house shop but typical she went on a Monday and came back on a Sunday and its closed both those days....gutted!!
Anyway Nairn is en-route so we swung by and picked it up on the way. Have to say it was a lot scabbier than it looked in the photo lol not sure quite what some people are thinking when they say good condition! I wasn't too worried though as if it had been half nice I wouldn't have been so tempted to pull it apart and completely strip it lol!!!
I have an urge to make it a bridal shop I think as the big windows would lend itself to that, so I may go with a grey/lilac paint and move Wishes and Dreams from Butterfly cottage.
This is how it looks now all back to basics ready to start the renovation.
Also thought I would show you a couple of nice additions I got before Christmas..... A lovely cast iron style bed and stripey chair for Anchor Cottage the new fishermans cottage.....
And a nice yellow and blue suite for the french style cottage, Forget me Not cottage. I have ordered the new name plaques and can't wait for them to come they always seem so bare without them!