Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Monday, 23 September 2013
A new Post Office, Mikes Music and a new hat!
things where I can so save some pennies!
I had a gentleman who was originally for the music shop but I changed my mind and decided to go for someone a bit younger in there. I decided Arty would be much more suited to the Antique shop. I thought he would look nice with a straw hat and I bought some hat straw ages ago so decided to have a bash. It was quite fiddly there was plenty of glue lol but the end result wasn't bad at all. I think I might get some other colours next time I go to the DH shop and make some more!
This shop needs a nice gentle owner like Arty! Its looking a bit bare I keep stealing things from it!
I also added an extra display unit in the china shop. When the Dolls house club ladies came Emily gave me a lovely little box of goodies and there some really nice bits of china. I decided to make a nice display and added a new light to show them off.
Wishes and Dishes was one of my very first shop concepts and its still one of my favourites!
The music shop is done to a point where I have something to show you now! I had a couple of barewood units so I stained them and put a few things on display. They need much more but will add them over time.
Mike has been promoted from Babs as he was just the sort of person I wanted to run the shop!
Oops glue string why do you never see them when you take the pic!! I made the little rack ready to be filled with a selection of records.
I love all the instruments they are so realistic! I got some from the dolls house shop and some a bit cheaper from Ebay to bulk it out a bit! They all come in the black boxes so decided to use those to make the display.
I do have a bit of a confession! Will get to that in a mo! Needless to say it means another ides for a new business! This time I decided the village really needed a Post Office. I already had a postman but couldn't really find a counter I liked and decided I couldn't really afford one anyway so it was out with the stripwood!
I am actually quite chuffed with it! The shop will sell gifts too so it will fit into the village nicely
I only had one bit of acetate which was a little scratched but I figured that's how an old PO counter would be over time! I have borrowed Sarah from the doctors as she looked the part as a Post Mistress!
I am sure I have some little wrapped parcels somewhere but can I find them??????
Confession time!! Of course a new business needs premises!! I had seen this for sale from Julie but dismissed it 20 times as I really don't have any room! The more I dismissed it the more I wanted it!! I came to the conclusion that if I extended the shelf a little bit I could jus about squeeze it in, literally!!!
I just love the finish and the chimney its different to my other little shops. I think it will make a perfect Village Post Office!
It was called Sea View which sadly I have had to change as I already have my Sea view cottage , so it will be Sea breeze cottage!
This week is going to be a good Dolls house week! The new cottage should arrive on Thursday and my big Honeychurch house is being collected on Wednesday and will prob arrive Saturday so although I know I shouldn't I am wishing the week to go quickly!!!