Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Monday, 30 September 2013
Couldn't help myself!!!
I started with a couple of tiny paintwork touch ups but really nothing of note. Today I added the lights which make the biggest difference!!!
I painted the path that's outside as it was cream which didn't seem right as you could see it when the door was closed. The paintwork was all done so neatly though it was very easy to paint over!
I was thinking the rooms were quite small and wouldn't take much stuff. I was forgetting that things would go in the door to make up part of the room too! Its the perfect little setting for the table and chairs all set up for Christmas dinner!
Its so cosy with the lights on they make a massive difference!
The lounge is so cosy!! The tables need stained and needs some paper chains and little extras!
The counter and shelves will be stained to match the other bits of furniture
I will be creeping round Bethany to make me some signage!
I love the big window so you an see right in!
The trim on the front is a bit wonky and I am seriously considering taking it off but I know it will ruin the paintwork! Just not sure I can live with it lol!!
I do have a lovely DHE sleigh but its made of resin and very heavy! I decided it was best not to put that much weight on the door and used this one I got for 50p in a charity shop as it weighs next to nothing!
The elves will be working up in the attic. I plan to add a window either end so you can see in. Its a bit bare at the mo as Santa is busy manning the shop!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this house lol it has exactly that cosy Christmas feel I was so desperate for!