Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Sunday, 29 September 2013
My new Honeychurch Christmas shop/house
I have to say I was nervous unpacking it lol its so hard to judge what something is really like from just a few photographs but it really was every bit as good as I hoped! Its such a lovely style and the detail on the opening doors makes it so different to anything else I have ever had!
I was kind of hoping it had wooden floors as I asked the seller what they were and she had said wood but from the pictures I did think it was wood effect paper which it was. Not to worry though its been nicely done and I can always change it at a later date if I feel the need!
The front shop window has come off enroute which is not really surprising as its quite heavy but to be honest I am going to give it a fresh coat of green paint so it makes it much easier to do and I will just glue back on afterwards!
The picture makes it look huge but actually its a very neat size as its not overly deep. Its made from ply too which means its really not too heavy which another bonus! There are so many nooks and crannies to fill its going to be so much fun!!
I love how you can fills the door with things!
This is the shop part which will be filled with all the Christmas goodies!
I think this will be Mrs Clauses kitchen!
This will be the bedroom
And this will be Santas office plus cosy lounge!
There is a rather lovely fireplace in here with a beautiful wire fire basket!
I knew the roof lifted off but I didn't know the seller had already painted it all and added the wood effect flooring.
This gives a huge extra space which will prob become the workshop with the elves etc.I will need to add some sort of window in the roof which scares me a bit but it will be worth it to be able to see it lit up through the window without having to take the roof off!
Lastly was this shelf unit that came with it that seems quite old so that will fit in somewhere If not in here in the Post Office!
Today I will be just stickling down odd bits of paper, adding some trims around the inside of the doors and just giving it a bit of a tidy up. There's really not much to do apart from add some lights and fill it up! I am so chuffed with it I love it!!!