Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Saturday, 18 February 2012
Changing my mind about Seashell Cottage bedroom and having a good tidy up!
So far I have resprayed the bed white as it was pink when it arrived and stank of smoke so now its much fresher! I added some fabric around the base and decided to chuck out the foam mattress it came with as it smelled! Luckily yesterday I found a little cushion in another charity shop for 75p that is the perfect size for a mattress. I will add some buttons to it tomorrow and I will make also all the bedding. It already looks and smells much better and will be lovely a cosy when its all done!
Next I painted and distressed a dressing table I paid £1.50 from the DH shop as it was broken. I found a little white stool I had and added the fabric to match the bedding. It now looks the part and tomorrow I will add some shelves to the room for lots of storage. I have decided not to go with a wardrobe and just have a clothes rail with a few pretty bits and some pretty hangers on instead.
I decided I didn't like the chairs that came with the table in the kitchen so I found some others I had with little hearts that fitted in much better. They were also resprayed white and look so sweet, I just need to make some cushions for them tomorrow.
My friend Karen headed home today before the snow hit! hasn't been too bad so far but its very cold and snowy outside! I spent the day catching up on housework as its been a bit neglected as I have been having too much fun to clean lol. I also decided to give my craft corner a good sort out. I am very lucky that in addition to the spare room where Quayside is I have a nice little area outside it at the top of the stairs. I had some plastic drawers that were bought to go under the table Seashell cottage is on but they were very slightly too high and I never got round to returning them. Just as well as they now have a new home and have been put to good use for all my spare bits of wood etc. Notice the wonderful embroidered throw on the bannister? My Mum bought it me from Florida as a holiday gift years ago and its so big its the only place I can display it! Even then you can only see half of it but its so fab I love it!!