Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Friday, 17 August 2012
Dollyland has gone!!!!!
We got home Saturday and for some reason on Sunday we were talking about the way the house is laid out. Bethany's bedroom was one the the smaller ones and she was struggling for space so after what seemed a 5 minute conversation on Monday we started moving everything! What started as a simple swap of rooms ended up as a complete change around!
Bethany has now moved into the larger of our 2 spare rooms which is much better for her although I had to give up a wardrobe which was not so easy! Not sure how long it will stay this tidy so I took some photos quick!!
What was her bedroom has now become the snug. A place to go to watch some tv or read a book. It has a travel theme to it as we have collected a few bits and pieces over the years I really wanted to incorporate. I love the old fashioned luggage trunk that now stands in the corner. It has lovely old labels from its travels and always fascinates me wondering where its been. The green chair isn't exactly right but it belonged to Lindsays late Mum and I was determined it would have a place in our home and its very comfy and just right for reading.
Most of the ornaments are from Budapest our favourite destination we have been about 5 times and never tire of it! Other bits including the framed map on the wall are Poland another lovely place to visit. As you can see we have a lot of books and I can tell you it was not fun getting all those upstairs along with the sofa! On the sofa we used the spare quilt that came off the bed so it will lovely to snuggle up when the snow arrives later in the year!
Losing the larger spare room meant we needed another one. That of course was taken up with Dollyland and not ideal for visitors to stay in, so I am sad to say Dollyland has gone!!! The room has had a good clean and tidy and is now a nice room for friends and family to sleep in.
So where have all my houses gone??? Well at the moment they are all down the upstairs hallway. But I wonder what this room could be?
It used to be the snug but its had a nice new coat of lovely sage green paint (although we ran out so it needs a 2nd coat tomorrow!) its had some new flooring and a few bits of furniture have appeared including a nice long shelf, one of 2! I think it would look rather fetching with a house or 2 or 15 in it, don't you agree! :-)