Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Monday, 20 August 2012
lovely things and my room is almost done!
We had to nip up to the caravan on Saturday to collect the keys, so after a quick trip to B & Q to take back the flooring we didn't use back I managed to sneak in a peak in a couple of charity shops! I just love them you never know what treasures you will find. This time I didn't even make it through the door when I spotted this set in the window! I adore the dream letters and was just going to get them but Bethany persuaded me to get the bookends too! I wasn't sure about the shelf as it looks very young but I had an idea to add proper roof paper and shabby it up a bit and figured it would make a nice shelf unit with some useful storage in the draws and under the roof and it wasn't exactly expensive so went for it after all!! The box was is to go on my new work bench and was white but I painted it the same green as the walls as I just thought it looked a bit nicer!
The sign just made me laugh and is very appropriate as not much housework goes on when I am in Dollyland!!!
My room is almost ready! The walls had a second coat of paint yesterday, (which I have just noticed it pretty much the same colour as my blog page ha ha!!) the flooring is all finished and the shelves for Upper Quayside are now up they just need stained, my job for today! All I am waiting for now is the ply to go across the back wall for all the houses to sit on. Hopefully the joiner will be round some time this week as he only lives up the road fingers crossed!!!
I was very naughty though and before I even started on this new room I asked Julie my very talented Quayside property developer to make me 3 more little shops to go in Upper Quayside! She has just finished them and I am super exited to see them as one is a bit different to all my others and we have picked some different colours this time too, so I will be waiting with baited breath to see the pics later! So glad I did order them as the shelf I have is 300cm long and would have looked a little sad with just the original 3 of them on it lol!!!