Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Wednesday, 12 December 2012
Christmas gifts, lights & maybe a new house or 2!
I have just put them round the tops so I can still open the houses but the overall effect is quite pretty. I wondered if I should of got them all the same but I couldn't decide which ones I liked best so I got a mixture! Blue icicles, white snowflakes and the red ones are little stockings and are so cute! Must get Lavender finished today its got the tree up and the patchwork bedding but I need to get on and do the rest! Not even sure I will have time for the flower shop window display but I need to try!!
I also won this gorgeous little selection of Christmas cakes from SMALL PORTIONS blog. They came yesterday and are so lovely I was so chuffed I never win anything lol!! Please pop by and have a look at her things for sale they are always lovely and very reasonable too!
I also bought a few more Christmas cushions from June. I tried to get the camera to pick up how sparkly they are! they are so pretty. June also sent me the Ho Ho ho one as a little gift which was so kind, thanks so much June! Its so cute and perfect for my Ho Ho Holiday shop!
I know I have said a million times I have absolutely no more room for any more houses and you are all going to say I told you so but I have just bought not one but 2 more!! Before anyone says anything I have absolutely no idea where they will go lol!!! My OH seems to think we can somehow come round into the room but it will take some planning and they will just have to sit on my desk for now til we can work it out! It was bad timing 2 weeks before Christmas and having just bought 2 recently so I had to seriously think about buying them but in the end I decided I would be gutted to miss out on them so I will do the worrying afterwards! In my defense I did sell one of my older last week although I think the funds from that were supposed to pay for the Xmas shop which was about 4 properties back so not really sure I can use than excuse lol!!! I was originally very good and just bought the larger one but couldn't get the other one out of my mind!! I kept going back for another look praying it was still there! Even my OH said for that money I should just get it so I even had permission Yesterday the lady selling, who is so nice, had a couple of the tops I was selling so we did a deal lol.
They are of course both JULIES but some of her older ones which I really like as they are little bit different to mine. I have seen a few she made with the exposed brickwork and always fancied one, that was the one missing from my collection lol The little shutters are so pretty I just fell in love with it when I saw it and knew I just had to have it!
Both houses come with the dolls and furnishings. Not sure who will live in the bigger one I am thinking maybe one of the WI ladies and make it a little more old fashioned inside not sure yet. I love that it has 4 rooms as it means it can function as a proper little house!
This one I know exactly who will live there! I have always wanted to do a proper little fisherman's cottage and this one will be perfect I can just see the lobster pots outside!
They should be on their way in the next day or 2 so fingers crossed they arrive safely! Then they just need names so I will need to get my thinking cap on!
Last but not least Doctor Richard has his new desk! I had to rearrange the layout a little as there has to be 2 chairs for there's no where for the patients to sit! He has his computer and doctors bag and is almost ready to start taking on patients!