Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Friday, 21 December 2012
New house and Al fresco dining
I have to say it was bigger than I expected. Sitting next to Seashell, which I always though of as quite big, its a really good size.
I just love the exposed brick effect its fab! I also love the shutters and paint colour is so pretty. I like how it has different windows to my others this is what makes them all special in their own way!
More of the brick effect down the side which also had a feature chimney something else I don't have on any other houses so thats nice.
You can see next to Seashell and Seaview what a good size it is!
I don't know what to do about a name. I do have the meadow cottage which is on the new shop but I may rename that one Daffodil cottage as thats just on the blue front at the mo and you can't really see it. I am quite tempted to give it its own name though so will have a bit of a think about that one!
It has four good size rooms which is what attracted me to it in the first place.
It did come with some furniture I will def reuse as there were some nice bits. I did buy the bathroom as it didn't have one.
Not many things in just yet just a couple to show what it will look like. The armchairs will go in the fishermans cottage as I am waiting on some nice lemon and blue ones.
I love that the kitchen has a nice window. Its just crying out for some lovely curtains!
I did get one lovely thing to put in it, a gorgeous Reutter sink. It was in bedsit above the new shop but I think it will prob live in here!
I have managed to finish another little project too! I was just having a bit of a tidy up in Dollyland yesterday evening and remembered I had some tile effect paper that would work as flooring in the bistros terrace. I was going to get some little tiles from Hobbycraft when I next go but I think it looks ok.
Mario checks his customer has everything she needs....dining alone means she gets extra special attention!! ;-)
I stained the pergola at the weekend and with the pots and ivy added it looks very AL fresco I think! Katy enjoys a nice plate of Luigis homemade lasagne and a glass on vino to wash it down!
The little apple tree from DHE is very cute I just added some tea leaves for dirt as it had a rubbish paint effect which was spoiling it.
Well thats a little update for now! Hopefully the other house will turn up tomorrow or at least Monday! Got a busy weekend as have most of you I would think. I can't believe how quickly Christmas is almost upon us and I still haven't finished decorating Lavender Cottage!!!