Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Sunday, 23 December 2012
New house 2 - Anchor Cottage
I absolutely love it! I cant believe I almost didn't go for it as I thought it was going to be a small. To my surprise its the same size as Sea View! I had to have a bit of a move around as they have to be able to open properly and I decided Sea View looked better next to the church as you could see everything in the corner better. I had to scream though as the plug from the upstairs wall light dropped down the back so when I moved it the new cottage I broke the wire!! I was not happy! It now has a lamp just so it has some light in there. It actually gives it a real cosy feel.
It is my proper fishermans cottage I have been wanting to do for ages and its perfect for it! I have decided to call it Anchor cottage and will ask the lovely Julie Lawton to make me some signs for both the new cottages after Christmas!
Bert the fisherman sorts his nets in his little front yard.
I will repaint the stove as the paint finish is pretty pants!
Berts cosy bedroom! Its a little bare at the moment but will add things as I see and think of them.
Cosy with the lights on.
It fits perfectly into the village and I think is one of the most seasidey looking cottages I have!
I had to move the B & B over to the other end as its a lot lower so it doesn't block off the light switch. It actually looks better as it balances the big show out better. I have decided this one will be called forget me not Cottage as it looks like someone has forgotten it a little already!
The only problem is I now have the urge to turn it into something other than a house. I am thinking it would make a nice pattisserie / tearoom. The bakery/bistro could maybe then become a pizza parlour. Will think on that one a while longer!
I love the village square all its missing is a fountain in the middle!
I love this little scene with Edna having a fag break and Charlie cleaning the windows! I love all my characters Quayside just wouldn't be the same without them!