Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Thursday, 25 April 2013
Lots of lovely meat and something to make you blush!
My first purchase was some bits of meat!! Not very thrilling you might think but actually it was quite exciting....who knew!!! I bid on a large mixed lot of items for my butchers stall which I have been meaning to do for ages but between not wanting to pay £2 for every individual item and not being bothered to make it myself it just wasn't happening! It was one of those things that the picture wasn't that great (you couldn't see close up detail) so when it turned up it was either going to be just what I wanted or a huge disappointment. In all credit to the seller they are just great!!! I was quite nervous opening the parcel but was really pleased at how good it all looked, and just how much there was of it!! I would never have had the patience to have made all the different items and at under £10 including the postage the fimo would prob have cost me more!
I love that there are cold meats like salami and ham so I can use some in the grocery store too. The long salamis and strings of sausages will be great for hanging up around the stall. There are chickens normal and butter basted ones, lots of joints of beef and enough sausages to feed the whole village!
My favourites have to be the pork pie which even has the jelly! and the little legs of lamp with the bone inside they have been so well done.
I like the mince too. There really is every thing a butcher could ever need its a great selecetion and I am really chuffed! Frank will be very popular in the village with all his meaty wares!!
Next up is a nice chaise I originally bought for the artists studio. I decided he needed a life model for Edawrdo to paint just to make the scene a bit more interesting. Being a bit on the blonde side I forgot it needed to have the higher side on the left for the doll to lay on it! No problem though as as soon as I realised I decided it would go nicely in Staceys pad. Its prob even better as with all the red velvet and gold its prob much more suited to her room!
Stacey's showing it off she seems rather pleased with so that was a good mistake!
I love Staceys room its def one of my favourites it just makes me smile!!
Now he has a chaise he needed a model! Of course I called on Bernadette to make me a lovely life model for Edwardo. Shes just brilliant and I love the sheet covering most of her modesty! Shes called Holly and is a college student just earning some extra money for the summer! I can't wait for her to arrive and work on this little scene somehow the slightly naughty ones are the most fun!!
Lastly another gorgeous patchwork quilt by the patchwork queen Deb! This one is in pink and cream for the top apartment. Its so pretty and matches the room perfectly! This is just to show you as it won't be staying on this bed as I am just waiting for a new barewood four poster bed so I can make a pretty shabby chic one.