Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Wednesday, 10 October 2012
First up a cute little trimmings shelf. I just saw it and thought it would fill the gap on the wall nicely.
Hetty has left Quayside Home Stores to work in the sewing Patch. She is now manager so it was a step up and shes enjoying being her own boss!
I had a little move about in the 1st floor of Quayside home stores as I had moved out some of the things to the Sewing Patch.
My good friend Deb sent me another one of her gorgeous quilts which are so pretty and really add a splash of colour.
I got these little mugs from Ebay ages ago and forgot all about them. I thought mugs with names on are just the kind of things you find in a seaside shop!
I was lucky enough to get another green chair for the hairdressers just in case I ever decide to expand!
I couldn't resist a cute little basket which is just purrfect for Angela's cat Marmalade. She is curled up keeping warm by the Aga.
I have added a few odd and ends to the witches shop. I took out the pumpkin light for the Halloween party, it wasn't really bright enough anyway. Now there is a candle light on the table which lights the whole shop much better. Fangus is back in his cage keeping the wizard company as he works. He also has the little rabbit and his trusty black cat.
I took all the stuff to fill the witches shop from the witches house which has left it a little bare! It was good to bring the sink and cooker down to the ground floor but I need to add some more shelves full of jars to fill it back up again! I don't do bare ha ha!!
I just bought a few more little crosstitch cushions from June off Ebay as they were so cute and as is often the way the witchy spooky things are only available around the Halloween time so its a good time to stock up on them!
I do love a door curtain and have quite a few dotted around my houses. you will see one I added to the witches house above and I got a couple from Ebay last week. Theres nice brightly coloured one for Navids shop!
And a red white and blue one I thought matched the colours in the holiday let
I bought this one a while ago from Dean designs. I had intended on it going in Porthole in the dining room to imply a door to the kitchen but sadly it was too long. So I have put in on Seashells door as it matched all the pastel colours well.
Thats it for now! The new shop is well under way and with some lovely ideas from Julie I know its going to be fabulous! Its supposed to be a Christmas pressie but I know there is no way I can wait that long lol!! As soon as I know its done I will want to start filling it up so I don't hold out much hope of it lasting boxed up til then!