Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Monday, 29 October 2012
Wool mark 2 and a nice Sylvanian surprise!
I also managed to gets lots of Christmas shopping done as I have to be organised as the weather can close in here quite badly from November onwards so its not easy to get out to the bigger towns to go shopping so I always get the bulk of my pressies well in advance! As well as Christmas shopping I had a productive visit to the dolls house shop and got lots of goodies more news on those in the next few days! I wont be up there again til we open the van again in the spring so I had to stock up on projects for the winter months!
I didn't waste the evening sitting in the van and took my little stash of wool sent by my good friend Deb with me so I could have another go at making some balls of wool. Once I started I kept going til it had all gone lol it was quite relaxing actually. I realised this time to make them the same size I needed the wool to be the same length so I cut all my bits before I started which made life a lot easier. Bethany printed me off some labels which I had taken with me so I could finish them off. Really pleased with how they turned out!
Last week Bethanys dad was up for a visit and bought a load of her old toys with him as we are doing a bootsale. I knew she had a few Sylvanian bits as I had a few of them already here that I kept from when she was small but had forgotten she had even more. Last night we were in the shed sorting it out and I came across a big box full of Sylvanian! She was laughing at me as I was so excited to find them and they will def be kept with the rest of her collection for one day when she has children of her own! In the meantime my Niece Lydia will be thrilled when she sees it all next time she comes up and will have great fun with them I am sure.
There was a cute little house called Orchard Cottage complete with furniture and accessories.....
A bakery complete with accessories.......
Lots of nursery and baby items........
A wedding day set.....
And a camping set. What a great unexpected find they were!