Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Friday, 23 November 2012
A new house on the block! - Meadow Cottage!
It arrived safely today and is now sitting on my workbench!! It needed a teeny bit of attention a little bit of clay had come off the roof and the corner of the path but its all glued back on and touched up with paint so its as good as new! I think I am always relieved when its only a small amount of damage, it could be so much worse when it has to travel so far!! Its one on JULIES but an older thats already had a home and was looking for a new one! I love that it has some history and a big thanks to Julies friend for letting me have it!
Its really lovely but boy its huge!! Quite a bit bigger than my others so will have to go on the end I think. Its got lovely big rooms and high ceilings and has been decorated really beautifully. It has really nice lighting too. I have a spiral staircase I got really cheap off Ebay and have a real urge to put it in! I just think as its got such a high ceiling it would make a great feature just not sure I am brave enough lol!!
The big window and door is really fab. I plan to paint the shutters blue to match the bottom just to make them stand out a little better.I originally wanted it as only one of my big houses has an actual shop front but I am really glad I did as it has a different feel to my other houses.
I also just remembered I even had a name for it! I had a spare one of JULIES lovely plaques from the green cottage front I had called Meadow cottage. I am so pleased it now has a home as it one of my favourites it was so pretty. See! it was fate I had to get just one more house for that reason alone!
The inside is gorgeous! Its funny people often ask me where the fun in buying a ready made house is. I have to say the building and decorating really don't excite me! I am def an interiors girl! I love looking at other peoples projects when they are building them themselves but I really don't have a overwhelming desire to do it lol I tried once with Waterside Way and it just didn't float my boat! It was gone before I even put the windows in! Anyway Julies houses are always so lovely how could I possible do better! so I concentrate on doing them justice on the inside!
Maddie has popped in with Beans for a quick look round! Shes been thinking of expanding as the B & B pretty much runs itself now. Its very quiet at this time of year and she needs a new project! Shes been waiting for an opportunity for an empty shop to become available and this might just be it!!!
I also put her so you can see the size of the room its so big she looks a bit lost in it lol its going to be so much fun to fill!!!!
I like the darker effect wood and the details like the skirting boards. It even has the cutest little door handles! The upstairs is so pretty I just have a real desire to fill it with pretty things!!
I almost had a fit tonight trying to post this! It said I no space for nay more photos! Being a tightwad and not wanting to spend money unless its for a DH item or new shoes! I decided I had to delete some.To my shock I have posted 2000 photos onto my Blog!! Oops :-) oh well I least no one can say I don't post regularly ha ha! Had to pick some to delete and will have to cull some more before too long!!