Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Thursday, 29 November 2012
La Belle Maison
I finally persuaded Bethany to make my signs after copious amounts of begging last night! It def helps to tie in the colours up and down. Got my blue paint today too so thats the next job"
La Belle Maison translated means the lovely home! I wanted something that wasn't overly complicated but that sounded nice.If it had been too fussy I would have prob forgotten what it meant lol!
I have bought a few new pieces of furniture for the bedsit. The little bed with the bedding which is lovely and the table and chairs, which from the photo I thought was the same colour as bed but its actually much darker. Not sure how I will tackle that just yet! Its a shame as its the perfect size and style so I might have to learn to live with it, at least til my matching OCD kicks in again lol. I need to get a stove and sink to create the kitchen area. I found a gorgeous sink I loved only to find today it was out of stock which is a shame. They will be getting it again only more expensive and I decided not to bother, so I am on the hunt again! I don't want to rush just to fill it I want to wait til I find just the right pieces!! Cookers are so hard to find nice ones. They are all agas or cheap wooden ones qf which neither is relaly right so I might save up for a Phoenix miniatures gas style one and paint it myself, a last resort though lol!
I have moved all the stuff from the furniture shop that was above the china shop into the downstairs as it seemed pointless having 2 shops selling pretty much the same things.
I stole the sofa from the holiday let as I got a nice red one today that has replaced it. All the furniture needs painted and distressed to give it that shabby chic look but you can get the idea of how it will look.
By moving the furniture shop out of its original home that gave me an empty space so I have just moved the nursery shop into it. That means the attic of Butterfly cottage formerly the baby shop is now empty! I already have a plan for it so watch this space lol although the next 3 days I won't be able to get near it as we have to put the Xmas decs up. We have 15 boxes of decorations and 3 trees and thats including the outdoor stuff! not sure thats entirely normal!!!