Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Wednesday, 14 November 2012
Quayside at Christmas.....the beginning!
After lots of um-ming and arh-ing over the name we chose this one as it was a bit of fun.
I added lots of flowers in nice festive colours and filled the window so you can see in from the outside.
Bethany of course made all the wonderful sign-age and I already had the lovely Christmas Cottage sign as always made by the talented Julie Lawton!
If you look close enough you can just spot Mr and Mrs Claus hard at work!
Today I have made the little outside area as of course Santa has to have a sleigh! I had planned on having it on the roof but it would have been too high I can only just about see it as it is!! :-D I took the white fence from my old xmas house and painted it red. It took 3 coats either side!!
Someone has left the gate open and Rudolph is wondering if anyone would notice if he went for a look round the village! Good job Frosty is there to tell him no in no uncertain terms!!
Buddy the elf is checking the presents are all packed safely in the sack its a very important job!
Its always nice to have a couple without the flash even though they show up that great! It shows just how many lights there are! A set of lanterns, which drive me mad as one bulb has gone so they are on the wrong way round so it doesn't show! Theres also fairy lights and a streetlight in the garden.
And here it is as part of the village. It will stay all year round but I will put the garden away after Christmas.
I love my Christmas shop it is so festive with all its red and green. I can't wait to show you the inside but not just yet ;)