Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Thursday, 8 November 2012
Painting and pergolas
I picked up a DHE pergola last time I was at the DH shop as it was only just over £5 and was sure I would find a home for it somewhere. When I was painting yesterday I had the idea to make a nice outdoor seating area for the Italian bistro. I made it up last night which wasn't as easy as you would think! Trying to make sure all the legs were straight was a nitemare. I ended up gluing it to a base to make it sturdier. Its just barewood at the moment so today I will paint or stain it not quite sure which yet! I really think it adds a nice bit of interest in the village square.
The flower shop front is empty at the moment and I must get that filled back up again. I was going to make a whole flower shop but for some reason it just never really inspired to do it. So at the moment I still have one empty shop! Someone on the DHE forum, Sue, did suggest a DIY shop which I quite like the idea of. Would def be something different I am struggling to find something I don't already have in the village lol!
I have been having a good think about passing on my award the past few days. I know lots of people have already had them so apologies if you have had it before but I decided just to go for people whose blogs I love to read or people that have been invaluable in the building of my village.
So here are the 6 people who I would like to pass my award onto :-)
I think the 1st person would have to be Julie as without her my village would not exist. I love to see her new houses on her blog even though space issues won't let me get tempted!!!
Deb is someone I met on the DHE forum last year and we have become really good friends although we have never met, yet! She sends me the most gorgeous patchwork and knitted things and my village and my real life would really would not be the same without her input!
Jannets country cottage is another lovely blog and lovely person whos posts I always look forward to seeing and reading. She always has something nice to say on my blog and it is appreciated so much :-)
Mollysue miniatures is a gorgeous blog with such lovely things I only wish I had the funds to buy so many more of her beautiful things!
Cottage kitty miniatures is another blog full of lovely things. Julie has made all the name plaques on my houses which gives them all there own little identity and they are all fab my houses would not be the same without them!
And last but not least is my friend Dianes blog. She lives not too far away from me and bought one of my old houses so its nice to be able to see it with a new lease of life!