Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Thursday, 31 May 2012
Back to normal after a busy week!
Love this pic of Lydia and Maya although not sure my little dog is quite so impressed lol!!
Saturday night was Eurovsion my favourite night of the year lol it drives me insane but I still love it. In fact we all do apart from Lindsay and my Dad!! We had a bbq Henry wasn't too impressed by his Englebert sideburns and tache! When we were fully stuffed we all settled down with our scorecards. Have to say the winner was not bad although we could not understand how the bizarre women with the rat tail round her neck got any votes at all!!
Shame poor Englebert did so badly even Henry's ginge power couldn't help him! I love this photo of Bethany my gorgeous daughter! She finally had her braces off last week and is now more beautiful than ever!!
We only really went out one day as it was so hot but did manage a quick trip to the Dolls house shop Little Treasures in Kemnay as my Dad fancied a look round the toy museum. We all ran a family toy and model shop for many years before the internet started to take over and we couldn't compete anymore. Such a shame it was a great shop and I have fond memories of working there we had great fun and it never felt like work I still miss it!
The lady who runs it Emily is so lovely she was so nice to the kids and gave them a colouring set each. She has retired but opens the shop by appointment. I managed to get some nice little goodies so it was def worth a trip.
I spotted a Delph modern till which is always handy having so many shops! I love the little metal steps which were only a £1, a bag of carrots for Rudolph, a modern tea set for Fairbanks and a cute little bag. I love the little metal swords which were 70p each and will go in the Manor house study.
I got a couple of cheap dolls the lady will get new hair and I just liked than gentleman so he will be going in the Manor.
Lastly a few packs of fabric which are so cheap at 50p so I always pick up a couple when I am there. All the other items are from a goody box of free bits so I always have a root and find some things that will come in handy!
Off to the DH shop in Inverness on Saturday as a Birthday treat and can't wait I haven't been for ages!!. Its great timing for a Birthday as everyone is off for the Jubilee long weekend just a shame the weather isn't quite as nice don't think it will be a BBQ day this year!