Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Monday, 7 May 2012
Working on Fairbanks
It really didn't need to much doing to it so I have just tidied it up a bit for now and will maybe redo some of the rooms to my own taste in the future. It just seemed a shame to strip walls that were nicely done and that looked fine anyway! I will def need to add skirting boards at some point. Its funny how bare it looks without them!
In the bathroom I just tidied up a few rough edges and laid the floor properly.
The bedroom had a fresh coat of paint on the ceiling, doors and the window. The wallpaper was just tidied a little and the carpet was relayed a little neater. It probably wouldn't be my first choice of colour but it looks nice and clean and fresh so seems a shame to change it just yet! I have some nice white furniture to come from Ebay to go with the bed which will fill the room up nicely.
In the kitchen I lay some wooden flooring I already had and that was all really as the walls are fine and match the units nicely but I may change the wallpaper at a later date.
The hallway just needed a little trimming and tidying up I will leave that as it is for now.
The lounge was a bit old fashioned so I removed the pink carpet and the wallpaper and will be redoing it in browns and creams just need to wait for the new carpet and paper to arrive so I can finish it.
The dining room had plain cream walls which just looked like lining paper to me! So I stripped that off and re-papered with some of the spare paper that came with the house. I gave the windows and door a coat of white paint. I then fixed the light up properly and laid a parquet effect floor tile from Poundland! It was my 1st attempt at papering so I was really chuffed with how it turned out.
The children's room is so sweet I love it! In here I re-papered the back wall as it had lots of glue marks the rest was fine so again will leave that as it is for now. I also found some blue carpet I had left over from doing the stairs in Barnacle cottage so that saved a bit of money. I was going to put cream carpet in but actually like the blue and much more practical in a kids room! The furniture came with another house I had and decided to go with twins with one being a tomboy that likes blue just like Bethany used to be!!!
I still can't believe I was so lucky to find this house I really do love it so much and I can't wait for my niece to see it when shes up in 2 weeks! I know she will have a ball with it. It won't be a show home this one it will be one to be loved rather than just looked at!