Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Tuesday, 1 May 2012
Winnie and Hectors garden
Next to the accessories my favourite part and where all the ideas stem from! In this case it was a a wonderful witches garden hat by KAT THE HAT LADY. It gave me the idea to have a toadstool theme. I asked Kat to make me a matching apron which is just perfect and she also very kindly sent me the broom as a gift and its perfect for Winnie's hat propped up on the top while she takes a break!
Next is Winnie's little cat Hector. Made by a lovely lady I met through buying things from her on Ebay. I have so many of her lovely little items including Fangus and Beans the dog! Fergus the rabbit was an Xmas pressie from Bethany he is so sweet and he has popped round to see his friend Hector.
She also makes lovely Fimo things and I asked if she could make me a little tea set for Winnie. I cant believe how cute it is! The cup is an upside down toadstool and she even has toadstool cupcakes! she is one lucky Witch!!!!
I made a welcome sign for the gate but Bethany says it looks like an umbrella so don't be surprised it that gets redone!!
I did make some things myself like the basket of toadstools and the various ones planted around the garden. I also made a little hen house but it felt a bit too big so will need to make a smaller one. The well is from Broomstick cottage and was hidden at the back and the tree was from Ebay, I thought it had a spooky feel to it! I'm so pleased at how its turned out its was so much fun to do and the wonderful little pieces made by such clever people really bring it to life. So glad I bought it from Ebay! As an last minute impulse buy it def turned out to be one of my better ones lol!!!