Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Thursday, 3 May 2012
I must be mad!! just bought Fairbanks and its huge!
The wallpaper is not bad at all and most of the carpets aren't stuck down just placed in which is great so I can choose my own. I was a bit worried there were no chimney pots or door handles but they were all in the box with the furniture so that was a bonus!
Its about 12 years old the man selling thought, it belonged to his MIL and his FIL was a joiner who built it and his son was an electrician who did the lighting. It is the copper tape method which I'm not familiar with but theres not even so much as a bulb out so not something I have to worry about just yet! The lights are all really nice too all quite fancy ones! There are also extra sockets dotted around and they and the lights just need sticking properly as we all know the sticky pads don't last 5 mins anyway!
It came with a huge stack of floor and wallpapers there must be 30 there at least!
It also came with quite a lot of furniture some will def get used like the green DHE kitchen I have always loved that, although I will need to find the matching cooker lol! There are a few other quite good bits, the dining set is very nice.
He also had the turntable which I def wasn't expecting so that was great!
This is going to be a huge project and is going to take me years to finish and fill but that is why I went for it. I love Julies cottages but they are perfect when they arrive so it will be nice to have something I can make perfect over time! My OH was shocked by the size but he really likes it! I still can't believe I got all this for less that half the price of just the bare kit!! I would have been rude not to buy it!