Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Thursday, 10 May 2012
Wallpapering is actually quite good fun!
I seemed to get loads done on the house yesterday! I think its because its in the lounge rather than upstairs. So where I would normally go up to Dollyland for a couple of hours then come down I can work on it all night as I'm just in the room with everyone else!
Last night I decided to paper the door. After seeing a pic one one that had been done it looked so much nicer than just painted. It took me hours lol it was soooo fiddly! It does make such a difference though it really makes the outside part of the inside. Its still not perfect which bugs me no end! :-D I didn't have enough of the dining room paper left to cover such a big area so used a very similar pattern and colour. It actually doesn't really notice that much I bet anyone looking would spot it if I didn't say lol. I just wanted to use the paper I had that came with the house rather than spend money on more sheets. But how great I got all the spare bits though or I could never have done it! It was the kitchen one giving me the most nitemares! Whatever I do I can't hide the joins in the wood effect part, (although seeing a close up pic it looks not quite matched so that will be done again today!!) I may end up redoing the whole room at some point but for now its ok. Its a shame as the green goes really well with the units so may do a full wall in that instead. But not now as my Mums here next Sunday and cant wait for her to see it. I know my Dad will really like it too he likes the REAL style houses!
I actually really enjoy doing the papering I have never done any before and it is quite good fun! Just need to get my order now so I can door the flagstone bit round the edge, the garden wall and the lounge. I am on a roll lol!!!