Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Friday, 11 May 2012
Finished front door and lots oif Ebay goodies!
I had a few deliveries from Ebay yesterday unfortunately Bethany is now on study leave for her exams and beat me to the door when the postie came and I got a bit of a lecture when she handed me 6 parcels ha ha!! Anyway had to show you my goodies as I am so pleased with them all! I got the wall unit, stools, computer desk and filing cabinet, which I will customise to make it look better, plus the little bin bowl and drainer set all from one seller which makes a nice saving on postage. Its sometimes the littlest of things we love the most and thats so true. The bin set was £1.20 for all 3 and I just love it!!!
The sofa and chair were also Ebay saving over £7 on a new set which all helps! I walked through my real house this morning and noticed the sofa and footstool in the snug are almost the same as this and the shelving I have ordered from DHE is also similar very to all the bookshelves in there, Its funny how our miniature worlds sometimes mirror our real ones without us even realising!
The little shelf unit was from Hong Kong and has taken an age to arrive but it was worth the wait.
I also got a high chair to match my wicker nursery furniture and as always its lovely she also sent me the little dog bed as a gift and its just fab what a lovely lady!
I decided to take my nursery furniture out of the baby shop and put them in this house. They were a bit hidden and I wanted to show them off a bit better. Ideally I would have done a complete nursery but theres not an extra room and the other rooms are big enough that the items fit into them anyway. The gorgeous little patchwork cushion was also Ebay. they are £2 each and so beautifully made. I have a few now and thought this one matched the decor just right!
This was my first wicker purchase the ones that got me hooked! Such wonderful attention to detail in the seat cushion and the little basket on the side. I'm so glad they will be on show better now!
The changing unit goes well in the bathroom as it was lemon and it makes a bit of a boring room a bit more interesting! I love my wicker things they really are so beautifully made!!
I finally finished the front door! I gave it a couple of coats so it was really nice and glossy. I did do it red to start with but it didn't look right so it was rubbed down and done again! I really like the blue I think it looks much better than just white and makes it a lot brighter. I also added some flooring tile paper in the porch which finishes it off. The pots are just some I already had I will try and get some more realistic and lighter ones so I can glue them in place as these have been on the floor twice already I keep forgetting to take them out when I open it! duh me!!!