Welcome to Quayside my town by the seaside!
WELCOME TO QUAYSIDE MY TOWN BY THE SEASIDE
Thank you for visiting my blog and thanks even more if you decide to follow :-) I really do enjoying doing it and love to share my projects with you all! In the village at last count I had 18 houses, 14 little roombox size shops, 3 half houses, and 1 half church (half being just a front!) there's also 1 quarter of a house (just half of a front lol) 2 market stalls, 3 market carts and beach huts on the beach although theres always seems to be room for just one more!
I also have a my 1st house a traditional Victorian manor which is very special as it was bought with money left to me by my beloved Nan. There's also my witches house and a witches shop. I also have a lovely Honeychurch house which is my Christmas shop and house and my latest venture a little vintage cottage. But the bulk of my property empire is Quayside, my little Cornish seaside village full of lovely individual cottages and all its wonderful residents. This has become a real labour of love and has turned me from a Dolls house fan into a complete and utter addict! The links below will take you to each of my houses and I especially hope you enjoy your visit to Quayside :-)
Links to pictures of all my Dolls houses and Cottages in one place!
- Sea View Cottage - Angelas House
- Lavender Cottage - Fisherman Bobs house
- Seashell Cottage - Shabby chic cottage
- The Old Rectory - Vicars House
- Boathouse cottage - Gallery / Seafood eaterie
- Daffodil Cottage - Nursery shop
- Appletree Cottage - Grocery shop / Doctors
- Honeysuckle cottage - Babs Boutique
- Barnacle Cottage - Holiday let / Sewing shop
- Coastguard Cottage - Bakery & Italian bistro
- Lifeboat Cottage - Village Hall
- The Porthole - The Porthole B & B
- Anchor Cottage- Fishermans house / Staceys Boudoir
- Forget me Not Cottage - Rest Home
- Wishes and Dishes - Bridal and china shop
- Captains Rest - Village Pub
- Beach Cottage - 50's Ice cream parlour
- Crabpot Cottage - Crabpot cafe
- Sweet Pea Cottage - Shabby chic shop
- Sea Thrift Cottage - Quayside Candy box
- Sea Thistle Cottage - The Cupcakery Bakery
- Rose Cottage - Flower shop
- Butterfly Cottage - Knitting Pretty wool shop
- Meadow Cottage -Quayside Cutz Hairdressers
- Crabpot Cottage - Seaside cafe
- Bamboo Cottage - Chinese Takeaway
- Celandine Cottage - Junk Shop
- The Village Toilets
- Bernies Bike Shop
- The fish and chip shop
- St Benets parish Church
- The Beach
- Quayside Village Pictures
- The village market - Stans Seafood/Franks mighty meat cart
- Christmas Cottage - Christmas shop and house
- Broomstick Cottage - Witches cottage
- Hocus Pocus - Witches shop
- Hardbroom Manor - Victorian house/My first house!
Wednesday, 16 May 2012
My bargain of the week - DHE Woodcutters Cottage
Well I persuaded Bethany to take me to pick it up today which was a bid deal for her as it was a 3 hour round trip and would be the longest drive shes done since passing her test. We actually had a really lovely day just chatting as it was country roads all the way and the sun was shining. We stopped for some lunch as we were a bit early. Picked up the house no problem and wow what a bargain! I think as it was fairly old I was expecting the furniture to not really be any good and its all quite new and really good and the dolls are just lovely!! (OH has already named him Winston!)
The house itself is in need of a little tlc some of the pretty gingerbread trim is broken and not sure how I will fix that and one window pane is broken. Other that that the outside maybe just needs a fresh coat of paint and some cleaning off of some old paint on the chimneys etc and the inside of the door needs painting and papering. I have some nice red roof tile paper that came with Fairbanks so might redo the roof with that. The inside itself is fine for now but will maybe have a bit of new carpet and some new wallpaper but will leave that til Lydies here so we can pick the stuff together.
I was also looking on Gumtree for a small kitchen table to keep my Fairbanks on as it was on an old gateleg one I found in the shed which wasn't very pretty lol! I got this last night for £10 including 4 chairs and it couldn't be a more perfect size! The chairs need recovered but will come in handy next week when all my family is here! I love Gumtree lol I find so many good bargains and great when they are all local!!